Peanut Butter Fudge
This peanut butter fudge is perfect for when you want something sweet, that’s not too naughty!
I made this over the weekend and it was a bit hit- my boyfriend also loves this fudge.
Stored in the fridge in an airtight glass container, it should keep for 7-8 days- that is, if you can resist eating it all at once!
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- 1 cup peanut butter (I prefer smooth with no added salt/ sugar);
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut- flakes are ideal however I have also used shredded and it worked OK;
- 1/2 cup coconut oil- melted;
- Salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract to taste
- Put the coconut in your food processor or blender, and blend until it has a butter-like consistency. This is why flakes are better- they are better for blenging into coconut butter however as mentioned above, i used shredded and just blended for longer (probably about 7 minutes).
- Add the coconut oil and peanut butter and continue mixing until combined.
- Add salt and maple syrup/ vanilla extract to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a lined pan and smooth the top. I sprinkled some more salt over the top as well (I love salt). You could also top with more coconut flakes, or something else, or not top it all all- it’s up to you! *I used a brownie pan as that was all I had available, so my uncut fudge was long (lengthwise) and short in height, but for taller pieces of fudge, use a deeper, shorter pan.
- Put in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer, slice and enjoy!